The legend continues
The Lightning handcycle has numerous unique features for maximum performance, some which are found on our legendary P-38 recumbent bicycle.
- Light but rigid space frame transfers all power to the drive wheel, no more torque steer.
- Rider can push against the shoulder high seat back to deliver maximum power to the pedals.
- Cast aluminum hand grips are molded to perfectly fit your hand for maximum power output with no discomfort.
- Full mesh seat back is cool, and does not compress like foam for maximum power output.
- Ergofit seat shape for maximum comfort.
- Standard dual control shifters allow on the fly shifting and braking, so you can always keep the power on!
- The unique lean-steering mechanism consists of aircraft rod-ends which allows the rider to steer by leaning. Thus full power can continue to be applied while turning.
- Lean-steering naturally shifts your weight inward for maximum cornering speeds.
- The lean-steering axis is adjustable to suit your riding style, from high speed straight aways to tight cornering.
- The learn steer system includes automatic centering springs and hydraulic stabilizers, which are fully adjustable to match your riding style.
- Handlebars below the seat can be used for better control in tight turns and fast downhills.
- A third brake lever is mounted on the handlebars.
- A fourth brake lever is mounted to the frame, this also doubles as a parking brake.
- 20 inch back wheel reduce weight and wind resistance.
- Rear wheels are aligned vertically with no camber, for minimum rolling resistance and maximum tread life.
- Optional Hayes hydraulic disc brake prevents front rim overheating on long, steep downhills.
- Two frames sizes for a perfect fit.
- You choice of custom colors.
All this adds up to a lightweight, comfortable high quality handcycle that is fast in any terrain, from hills to curves to flat straights.
|Weight||27 to 30 pounds|
|Frame||Hand-brazed 4130 Aircraft chromoly, with adjustable crank, leg hooks and steering axis|
|Finish||Electrostatic Urethane powder|
|Seat||16” wide, 24” high seatback. Full mesh with padded foam bottom|
|Gear range||21 to 105 inches|
|Brakes||Shimano Dual Pivot|
|Cassette||Shimano Deore LX 11–32 9 speed|
|Crankset||FSA Vero Triple 30×42×52 with Chaindisc|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano RSX|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore LX|
|Front Wheel||Shimano hub, 32 hole Alex R390 Aero rim, 26 inch, Stainless spokes, Panaracer Vivezza tire|
|Rear Wheels||Suzue QR Hubs, Alex DA-16 Aero rims, 20 inch, Stainless spokes, Continental Sport tires|
|Shifters||Shimano Tiagra dual control 9 speed|
|Straps||Knee straps, Ankle straps, and Waist Strap with buckle|
|Hand Pedals||Custom molded Ergogrip Lightweight Aluminum with low friction bushings, 16” wide spacing|
|Rider weight limit||220 pounds|
Apparelyzed-Spinal Cord Injury Support
Spinal Cord Injury peer support for patients, carers and those affected by paralysis following a spinal injury.
Handcycles prices and ordering information
|Sewup front wheel with Deep Arrow rim, bladed spokes, and American Classic hub||add||$300|
|Sewup rear wheels with bladed spokes||add||$100|
|Disc brake (front wheel only)||add||$300|
Bicycles are 90% assembled and shipped by UPS Ground 48 states.
|Recumbent frameset or complete bike||$120|
|Complete F-40 or F-90 with fairing||$250|
California residents add sales tax of 8.25%
The full amount is payable when the order is placed by credit card (Visa or Mastercard), money order, or personal check. For credit card orders, FAX, mail, or phone in the credit card info.